Backend Software Engineer
São Paulo-SP, Brazil or Porto Alegre-RS, Brazil
Who We Are
In 2021, Poatek was acquired by WillowTree, an award-winning digital product
consultancy recognized as one of the fastest growing and best places to work
in the United States. Now a [TELUS International
president-tobias-dengel), with offices across the globe, we continue to
partner with the world’s leading brands, such as the NBA, Capital One, HBO,
PepsiCo, Domino’s and more, to design, build, and transform their digital
products and strategies. We’re looking to grow our Poatek offices in Brazil
with top talent excited to collaborate with team members across the globe to
deliver innovative solutions for our clients.
Location and Flexibility
This is a hybrid role, which we’ve termed Work from Near (WFN). You’ll work
on-site from either our São Paulo or Porto Alegre office at least
three days a week and have the flexibility to work remotely for two days a
week. Our WFN culture is designed to foster in-person innovation,
collaboration, and connection with team members local and visiting from other
Poatek is hiring for empathetic, curious engineers to join our growing team.
We work in a dynamic and fulfilling atmosphere, helping our clients’ ideas
come to life by building robust mobile and web applications. Our backend
technology stack varies by project, so we value flexibility and willingness to
learn. Our goal is to build amazing solutions for our clients, and our backend
implementations are a crucial part of how we deliver on that promise.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive
place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more
representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value
diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship.
So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and our clients to work through requirements and solve problems to build great software
- Demonstrate intermediate software development fundamentals with an eye for design and architecture
- Have professional programming experience— we’re thinking at least 1-2 years
- Explore and advocate for Software Engineering best practices
- Embody a growth mindset to continuously learn new technologies and hone your craft
- Self-aware of limitations, yet curious to learn new solutions and receptive to constructive feedback from teammates
- Thoughtful about communication with others, celebrating differences and unique contributions
- Take ownership of your work by meeting deadlines, anticipating delays, and raising issues appropriately
- Are driven by curiosity and enthusiastic about learning new technologies
- Are motivated by solving problems and finding creative solutions
- Believe in autonomy and taking initiative
- Have professional programming experience — we’re thinking 1-2 years
- Have the ability to write code that is durable, secure, scalable, always up and running
- Have some experience with one server-side programming language — such as Java, Kotlin or other JVM languages; C# or other .NET languages; Node.js; Python, Go, and perhaps a breadth in others
- Have basic experience working with or understanding of relational and/or no SQL databases. This could be PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, or another type of document-database. This includes experience with schema design, indexing, querying, and performance tuning
- Exposure to writing apps for Azure, AWS, GCP, CloudFoundry, Heroku, SalesForce, MuleSoft or other cloud providers
- A basic understanding of how to design RESTful APIs optimized for responsive, interactive mobile experiences
- Strong appreciation for CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI) and experience setting up deployment pipelines for your platform
- Observability such as monitoring and logging
- Platform migration from on-premise solutions to cloud based solutions
- You have code samples or a GitHub account to share and while you’re there, check us out!
What We Offer:
- Be part of an innovative consultancy with a human-centered and culture with opportunities for ownership and professional growth
- Competitive salary and benefits package (annual bonus)
- Opportunity to work on innovative agile projects with other high-performing, passionate team members from all over the globe (international travel opportunities)
- Collaborative work environment that encourages continuous learning and professional development (including English classes, support in national and international courses,
- Flexible work hours and autonomy
- Voucher for health activities, food allowance, in-office snacks, drinks, and games
If you love IT as much as we do, we look forward to meeting you!
Equality is a principle here at Poatek. We are committed to building an
inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives,
beliefs, and experiences. Therefore we provide equal employment opportunities
to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender
identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.
We will only use the information you provide to process your application and
to produce tracking statistics. Since we do not request personal data deemed
sensitive, we ask you to abstain from sharing those information with us.