Vareto is reimagining both how companies evaluate the past and plan for the
future. Today, companies make their most important decisions using
spreadsheets, presentations, legacy tools, and countless meetings and emails.
Executives make decisions with limited data, teams waste time aligning on
metric definitions instead of collaborating, and analysts debug Excel files
instead of generating insights.
Vareto is building a next-generation reporting and planning platform that
changes all of that. Our product helps companies standardize their business
data, derive and share insights, and build connected cloud-based financial
plans - all so companies can make better, faster decisions.
We’re a remote-first team (hiring in the US, Canada, Latin America, and
Europe) and we’re backed by top investors and industry
leaders including GV, Menlo
Ventures, and over 100 angels.
As an early member of the engineering team, you will play a critical role in
designing and building the foundational features of the Vareto product. In
this role, you’ll be able to influence and impact the design and architecture
of our web application, our public APIs and the internal services supporting
both. The ideal candidate will be excited about joining an early-stage
company, building from scratch, and having an outsized impact on our team,
customers, and the overall business.
This is a fully-remote position based in the U.S., Canada, or Brazil.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with peers in Engineering, Product, and Growth to define and execute on the product roadmap.
- Be part of a small team committed to rapid iterative development, regular deployments, and engineering practices that produce high-quality, maintainable code.
- Use your advanced technical skills and relevant experience to shape the technical roadmap, help us avoid pitfalls, and positively influence engineering quality and productivity.
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience in architecting, designing, and implementing scalable and maintainable web applications, with a track record of delivering large-scale projects.
- Expertise in modern front-end technologies such as React, Angular, or Vue.js, and a strong understanding of web performance optimization techniques.
- Experience building and operating scalable web services and APIs in the cloud.
- Experience with test automation (unit, integration, end-to-end), and a commitment to writing and promoting high-quality, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Ability to mentor and guide other engineers, sharing best practices, and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- A team player with strong communication skills, looking to contribute, learn from others, and get things done.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field.
**You may be a fit for this role if you: **
- Are pragmatic and care about the business impact of what you're building.
- Have a passion for upholding engineering best practices, from writing documentation to creating maintainable code.
- Can handle disagreements and engage thoughtfully with other perspectives, making compromises when needed.
- Enjoy a flat, rapidly growing organizational structure without red tape.
- Like wearing multiple hats (bonus points if you like to dabble in product, design, presentations, business strategy, or other functional areas).
**What we offer: **
- 401k Plan,
- Generous Medical, Dental, Vision plans, including HSA and FSA options,
- Flexible PTO,
- 12 weeks of parental leave for qualified employees,
- Paid Holidays,
- A competitive salary that's based on principled, transparent, market-driven compensation bands. In the U.S., you may expect your annual salary to be in the range of $181,000 - $226,000.
- Other perks such as company retreats, co-working and meal stipends, and more,
- Semi-annual compensation reviews and opportunities for career advancement. When we grow, you grow!
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re
missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look
for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms.
We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse
backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Vareto is a fully-remote, global company. #LI-Remote