Senior Staff-Level Android Developer
São Paulo-SP, Brazil or Porto Alegre-RS, Brazil
Who We Are
In 2021, Poatek was acquired by WillowTree, an award-winning digital product
consultancy recognized as one of the fastest growing and best places to work
in the United States. Now a [TELUS International
president-tobias-dengel), with offices across the globe, we continue to
partner with the world’s leading brands, such as the NBA, Capital One, HBO,
PepsiCo, Domino’s and more, to design, build, and transform their digital
products and strategies. We’re looking to grow our Poatek offices in Brazil
with top talent excited to collaborate with team members across the globe to
deliver innovative solutions for our clients.
Location and Flexibility
This is a hybrid role, which we’ve termed Work from Near (WFN). You’ll work
on-site from either our São Paulo or Porto Alegre office at least
three days a week and have the flexibility to work remotely for two days a
week. Our WFN culture is designed to foster in-person innovation,
collaboration, and connection with team members local and visiting from other
As a Senior Staff-Level Android Engineer, you will be at the forefront of our
dynamic team, leading the design of applications, tools, and processes while
ensuring value, clarity, and maintainability. Your role will involve expertly
navigating and enhancing client tech stacks, executing large-scale refactors,
and advocating for world-class engineering practices. You will be instrumental
in driving teams to reduce change fail percentages, resolving conflicts,
advocating for new practices, and tailoring your communication to diverse
scenarios. Furthermore, you are expected to tackle psychological safety
impediments and mentor team members, fostering a conducive work environment
across the entire build cycle.
- Lead the team and client in designing applications, tools, and processes, optimizing for value, clarity, and maintainability.
- Plan and drive execution of large-scale refactors across the software ecosystem, managing dependencies and minimizing risk.
- Use your strong understanding of the Android development lifecycle and ecosystem to help the team navigate non-trivial testing scenarios, such as video streaming, Bluetooth, and other peripherals, poor network conditions, etc.
- Champion the adoption and implementation of new practices for project teams and clients, while using IDE’s, version control like Git, and command line tools effectively.
- Proven experience (10+ years) as an Android Engineer, with a track record of leading complex projects.
- Expert knowledge in implementing world-class engineering practices.
- Deep understanding of client tech stacks and the ability to integrate and improve them over a series of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute large-scale refactors across the software ecosystem.
- Strong understanding of the Android development Lifecycle and ecosystem including languages, frameworks, and libraries (Java, Kotlin, Room, Coroutines/Flow, RxJava, Dagger 2, Gradle, Fragments, OkHttp3, Retrofit or Volley).
- Comfort with IDE’s, version control systems such as Git, and command-line tools.
- Familiarity with CI/CD (e.g., Jenkins, CircleCI, Azure, GitHub Actions) and experience setting up deployment pipelines.
- Experience in frequently using frameworks such as Espresso, JUnit, Mockito/Mockk to write automated tests for your code.
- Proven ability to recognize symptoms of various impediments to psychological safety and provide effective support.
- Expertise in choosing and executing deployment strategies that minimize risk and maximize client ROI.
- Deep understanding and empathy for client hesitations around frequent releases, with proven strategies on how to overcome those hurdles.
- Proven ability to balance helping and teaching with the need to finish things.
- Demonstrated ability to work across a team to identify the level of support each team member needs in implementing different features.
What We Offer:
- Be part of an innovative consultancy with a human-centered and culture with opportunities for ownership and professional growth
- Competitive salary and benefits package (annual bonus)
- Opportunity to work on innovative agile projects with other high-performing, passionate team members from all over the globe (international travel opportunities)
- Collaborative work environment that encourages continuous learning and professional development (including English classes, support in national and international courses,
- Flexible work hours and autonomy
- Voucher for health activities, food allowance, in-office snacks, drinks, and games
If you love IT as much as we do, we look forward to meeting you!
Equality is a principle here at Poatek. We are committed to building an
inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives,
beliefs, and experiences. Therefore we provide equal employment opportunities
to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender
identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.
We will only use the information you provide to process your application and
to produce tracking statistics. Since we do not request personal data deemed
sensitive, we ask you to abstain from sharing those information with us.